Wednesday 13 February 2008

Painting

The only painting I'm doing at the moment is varnishing and staining the wooden floor of the cottage extension, but that did not stop me creating my own painting backlog by acquiring a couple more sets of miniatures today.

Another box of Revell 1/72 Prussian Cuirassiers, a box of French Line Infantry, Cossack Cavalry, British Hussars, a round tower, three square towers, plus a couple of HaT miniature sets that I'll catalogue later after the floor is finished.

All in all I'm accumulating a nice waiting list for the old paintbrushes. Baby has still not arrived yet, (and if it's anything like its old man will be two weeks late!), leaving me time to draw tentative maps, design rudimentary family trees, and rough out some details of the various warring states in The War of the Himmelbad Succession. Perfectionism was tending me towards waiting until they were done before posting, but where's the fun in that? I'll post up some basic and rough bits and pieces later on today and tomorrow, to expose the process and record how things evolve.

3 comments:

Bluebear Jeff said...

Our best wishes for your lady and the baby . . . may the birth be easy and healthy.

And please let us know as soon as you are a proud papa.


-- Jeff

abdul666 said...

We stay tuned, to discover the "basic and rough bits and pieces".

Best wishes to the whole family!
Jean-Louis

MurdocK said...

The 'waiting' is the hardest part.

However, 'wait', we shall.